“I am the original owner from 1988 and primarily used it in home studio – never been used on a gig. The auction includes the keyboard with new, professionally installed battery, (2) E2Proms with 80 sounds on each one (easily worth $60 each if you can find them), original damper pedal, power cord, original manual, original install diskette and diskette with other sounds.
Check out the pictures and you will see that it is in VERY GOOD to EXCELLENT condition. A friend had an ESQ-1 and I started on the Mirage – lived about 15 minutes from Ensoniq office. There is plenty to explore and it makes for a great controller for studio/live use with MIDI IN/OUT/THRU. It is also built like a tank, has a diskette drive and Pitch Mod wheels. SQ-80 was the first Ensoniq product to feature their patented Polypressure Keyboard technology and had large display that is easy to navigate.
· Velocity-sensitive, 8-note polyphonic, 5-octave keyboard
· Polyphonic aftertouch
· 3 oscillators, 4 time/level envelopes, 3 LFOs per voice
· 75 sampled/synthesized waveforms
· Dynamic assignment of voices for multitimbral operation
· Built-in 20,000 note 8-track sequencer
· 3.5″ disk drive (880K DS-DD) stores programs and sequences (also Sys Ex data from other gear)
· Direct access to 120 programs (40 internal, 80 cartridge)” Click here to visit listing on eBay