“Here is your unique chance to buy a fully restored Fairlight CMI Series III that used on Terminator II: Judgement Day by Brad Fiedel.
Hello. My name is Andrei Kudryavtsev. If you’ve been tracking Fairlight sales, you probably saw my other restoration work. All systems that I sell are completely restored and refurbished to the original condition, as much as possible. They are also upgraded to modern standards providing better reliability and usability. This system is not the exception. It’s the legendary Fairlight owned by Brad Fiedel and used on T2 score. It took me over a year to finish this build. It arrived to me with a mess of previous repair over last 35 years. Failed parts were replaced by other boards not following versioning and compatibility. It required extensive work to get it up to date to Rev 9 standards which means the final CMI functionality. It’s running OS9.34 with all required hardware changes, with 16 voices 32MB sample memory, with SCSI2SD replacing original hard drive, USB2CMI replacing original Preh keyboard, and a VGA monitor. It has fully repainted the CMI mainframe, music keyboard.
Power supply section is brand new. Old switching PSU has been replaced with three modern PSUs, driving clear power rails and dedicated power rail for fans. Cooling section is brand new, replaced all fans with server grade fans and new fan speed controller with a separate zone management and thermal sensors. This system needs a new home, a person who will be using it to make the music and not being distracted by common failures. All of those have been addressed to make your life easier and bring new life into this wonderful machine. I should say a disclaimer anyway, that as is a vintage gear….it may fail any moment…and obviously no return offered. However, I’m offering you my help in learning this great machine, and so you get 10 hours of my time at no charge. You can use it for whatever you want – set up and install online, learning session, tutorials, technical support etc… I want to make you happy.
What’s included into the package:
1. Fairlight CMI Series III mainframe: Rev9.34, 16 voices, 32MB, Original Analog sample input card, SCSI2SD v6, cooling and PSU upgrades.
2. Fairlight CMI Series III music keyboard: restored, repainted.
3. USB2CMI keyboard adapter with Apple keyboard and mouse.
4. VGA Monitor, Video scaler, Green color adapter(if you want your fonts to be green)
5. Original Preh alphanumeric keyboard: restored and fully operational
6. Fairlight CMI Series III original green phosphor monitor: repainted, restored and fully operational
7. All necessary cables
8. A set of early manuals owned by Brad Fiedel, the current documentation is available for download
9. A set of three flight cases: mainframe is in its own case, music keyboard and all other peripherals in other one.
A special note regarding the sound libraries. You’ll receive everything that normal Fairlight user has access to, full factory set and extra libraries. You’ll not receive any Brad Fiedel sounds, sequencer files, etc which is a part of his IP. However, this data is restored from the original media and can only be provided with written permission of Mr. Fiedel. I respect NDA for all users I’m working with and this one is not the exception. Please, don’t ask. ” Click here to visit listing on eBay