“Up for sale is our Akai AX60 polysynth upgraded with the essential Tauntek OS.
The new OS adds a number of enhancements to the synth. These include:
1) MIDI Sysex patch save and restore – saves or restores all patches in one operation (tape save/load works as before)
2) MIDI CC parameter changes are now supported
3) Non-volatile storage of MIDI channel setting and current patch
4) Slider code modified for smooth potentiometer operation.
5) Adjustable Unison de-tune feature. (Not active in split mode) (can be disabled)
6) Random arpeggiator mode instead of “play all notes” mode (can be disabled)
7) Arpeggiator up/down mode which doesn’t repeat the top and bottom keys (can be disabled)
8) Slow LFO mode which halves the frequency over the entire range of the LFO (can be disabled)
9) VCF resonance slider taper mod to move oscillation point up (overall range is not changed) (can be disabled)
10) ADSR slider tapers mod to increase effect in the lower part (overall range is not changed) (can be disabled)
11) MIDI clocking of arpeggiator with choice of 48,24,12, or 6 PPQ (can be disabled for internal or 1/4″ jack clocking)
12) Sustain mode can be activated using Arp Hold switch
13) MIDI Note velocity added to VCA EG Depth setting mode (but new setting also affects notes played on AX60, can be disabled)
The synth is fully tested and working as it should be. Recently serviced, work included replacing all the front panel tact switches, installing a new memory battery, lubing potentiometers.
Cosmetic condition overall is excellent. There are some marks and blemishes to the panel, the keys are nice clean, side panels in good condition.
The synth is a 100v model so a step down trandformer may be required depending on your location.” Click here to visit listing on eBay