Vintage Mellotron completely restored by TRON DOC / Frank Stickle in 2009.
Buy It Now for only $4600.00 US. This instrument is easily valued at $6000.00 US!
Full electro-mechanical restoration completed on this machine included the following:
· Cleaning and repairing the cabinet and repainting the interior and exterior – white automobile paint inside and out! Black on floor rails, locking castor wheels mounted on floor rails.
- Black plexiglass back panel, side hole with black plexiglass cover for easy wheel grab to pitch bend.
· Disassembly of all components of the Mellotron.
· Cleaning and polishing of all metal components including: all frame rails, keyboard frame components, supports, brackets, bearing blocks, stand-offs, flywheel, drive pulley, track selector, headblock, and all hardware including nuts, bolts, washers and screws.
· A complete rebuild of the keyboard including replacing all separator felts, reconditioning and or replacing pinch rollers as required, jig–rebuilding the keyboard frame, cleaning and straightening all keys setting pressure pads and matching them to the tape heads.
· Setting the azimuth on all tape heads. Clean, demagnetize and anti-static tape heads.
· All appropriate noise suppression modifications.
· Installation of a new SMS-5 pitch control circuit board including all necessary power supply modifications.
· Replace old Bulgin mains socket and power chord with new IEC socket and mains power cord.
· Replace Capstan Bearings with new sealed bearings.
· Replace Volume, Pitch and Tone pots.
· Cleaning and adjusting the motor and setting the tach head.
· All fine tuning and adjustment required.
New tapes installed with new sounds:
1- Birotron choir
2- New string section
3- Ian McDonald classical flute” Auction ended. Click here to browse on eBay.